All applications and renewal filings should be directed to the Company Licensing and Examinations Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to register as an advisory organization, under the provisions of N.D.C.C. § 26.1-25-10.1, organizations must submit the following:
- A copy of its constitution, its articles of agreement or association or its certificate of incorporation, and of its bylaws, rules and regulations governing the conduct of its business.
- A list of its members and subscribers.
- The name and address of a resident of this state upon which notices or orders of the Insurance Commissioner or process issued at the Commissioner's direction may be served.
- An agreement that the Commissioner may examine the advisory organization in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 26.1-25-12.
- State specifically the type of organization (corporation, unincorporated association, partnership or individual).
- A copy of your latest Examination Report.
- State the specific kinds of insurance or subdivisions thereof for which the applicant wishes to act as an advisory organization.
- A biography of the ownership and management of the organization.
- $50 application fee per N.D.C.C. § 26.1-01-07.
In addition to the above-referenced materials, organizations or joint underwriters must also fill out and sign a Joint Underwriter Application (SFN 58427).
The license of an organization or joint underwriter is perpetual but must be renewed by May 1 of each year by submitting a $50 renewal fee made payable to the North Dakota Insurance Commissioner. The renewal fee with an accompanying cover letter must be postmarked on or before May 1. Confirmation will not be returned unless a copy of the cover letter is included, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.