All applications and renewal filings should be directed to the Company Licensing and Examinations Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A security requirement of $155,000 (per vehicle) as specified in N.D. Admin. Code § 45-05-01-01(4) comprised of: $30,000 basic no fault, $50,000 liability, $25,000 property damage and $50,000 uninsured motorist coverage.
2. Applicant must submit a completed Application for Certificate of Self-Insurance and Undertaking (see N.D. Admin. Code appendices I, II § 45-05-01)
- $25,000 because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident and subject to said limit for one person;
- $50,000 because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident;
- $25,000 because of injuries to or destruction of property of others in any one accident; and
- Coverage for the protection of such persons who are legally entitled to recover damages from owners or operators of uninsured motor vehicles and hit and run motor vehicles because of bodily injury, sickness or disease, including death, resulting therefrom, in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident and subject to said limit for one person, fifty thousand dollars because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident.
3. Applicant must submit a plan of self insurance that provides evidence showing:
- Ability to provide for the prompt and efficient administration of all claims, benefits, and obligations, and
- Reliable financial arrangements, deposits or commitments exist to meet the security requirement (N.D. Admin. Code § 45-05-01-02).
4. Applicant may be required to make and maintain a deposit or bond to assure that the security requirement will be met (N.D. Admin. Code § 45-05-01-05).
5. Applicant must submit a copy of its last annual statement showing consolidated report and profit and loss statements certified by an independent CPA firm by March 1 of each year (N.D. Admin. Code § 45-05-01-06).
- Vehicles must be registered in the name of the self insurer (N.D. Admin. Code § 45-05-01-02).