The North Dakota Insurance Department has adopted a standard Filing Checklist format that lists all filings required during the current year from licensed companies.
New filings required in 2024: Market Conduct Annual Statement Premium Exhibit for Year, Exhibit of Other Liabilities By Lines of Business as Reported on Line 17 of the Exhibit of Premiums and Loss
Discontinued filings in 2024: Supplemental Health Care Exhibit’s Allocation Report, Fire Insurance Premiums and Losses Report
Materially modified forms for filings in 2024: None
The Department no longer mails Annual Filing Instruction Packages to licensed companies, since all state-specific forms and filing information can be obtained directly from this website.
Only insurers and health maintenance organizations domiciled within the state of North Dakota are required to file an electronic copy of their Annual Statement and Quarterly Statements with this Department. Foreign insurers are required to file their Annual Statement and Quarterly Statements electronically with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
The Renewal Statement for Admitted Companies must be submitted using OPTins.
Please submit all payments through OPTins. To coordinate payment, please contact OPTins for more information.
- Electronic filing of the company's abstract form is required.
- March 1 is the deadline for submitting the electronic abstract form.
- A filing fee of $30 is imposed by N.D.C.C. § 26.1-01-07.
- Publication fees are imposed under N.D.C.C. § 26.1-03-10 and N.D.C.C. § 46-05-03 and are billed directly to the insurance company by the North Dakota Newspaper Association.
- If amended abstract forms are filed after the March 1 deadline, an additional $30 filing fee and any applicable re-publication fees will be payable.