Approximately 45 volunteers located across the state help keep the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) program running smoothly every day.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy helping others
- Are dependable, understanding, patient and compassionate
- Have good communication skills
- Can protect client confidentiality
- Have no conflict of interest
- Are comfortable using a computer and the Internet
Contact the North Dakota Insurance Department to learn more about becoming a volunteer SHIP counselor.
Training materials are available through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) National Training Program (NPT) and State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP) Technical Assistance.